Skip to content
THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY – AMERICA’S FAVORITE DRIVE in THE BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS OF VIRGINIA
- Milepost 0 – Rockfish Gap leads north to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park.
- Milepost 5-9.3 – Humpback Rocks features Appalachian culture sites, hiking, access to Sherando Lake to campground with swimming, fishing and picnicking. There’s also a gas station, gift shop, camp store and Visitors Center.
- Milepost 58-63.6 – Otter Creek and James River for Appalachian culture sites, hiking, campground, picnic area, hiking, fishing, restaurant and gift shop.
- Milepost 86 – Peaks of Otter, a Visitors Center, gas station, camp store, picnic area, lodge, hiking and fishing. Shuttle bus to Sharp Top for a fee (See image below looking back on the Blue Ridge Parkway from Sharp Top Peak – moderate hike).
- Milepost 120 – Roanoke Mountain features Virginia’s Explore Park – Mill Mountain Zoo, Roanoke Star Overlook with fantastic views right out of your vehicle. MP 121 is the exit off the Parkway for The Claiborne House B&B, restaurants, gas stations, markets and museums.
- Milepost 154.5 – Smart View for picnics and hiking.
- Milepost 169 – Rocky Knob features a Visitors Center, gift shop, cabins, campground, picnic area, hiking and fishing.
- Milepost 176.1 – Mabry Mill features Appalachian culture, gift shop, restaurant and historic grist mill. Iconic spot for the Parkway.
- Milepost 178 – Meadows of Dan (Nancy’s Candy Factory, restaurants, gas and other amenities).
- Milepost 210 – Blue Ridge Music Center for Appalachian culture and outdoor amphitheater with performances throughout the summer.
The Roanoke exit off the BRP is MP 121 to reach Highway 220, go South toward Rocky Mount. Smart View Recreation Area is MP 154.5 you can reach us going Five Mile Mountain Road toward Rocky Mount. Or take Shooting Creek Road into Ferrum to us which is MP 159.5