THE CLAIBORNE HOUSE IS A CERTIFIED GREEN LODGING
“Virginia Green helps preserve and protect Virginia’s natural environment, which is one of our greatest tourism attractions,” Governor Kaine said. “It also helps support our economy, as research shows that travelers who are passionate about protecting the environment are more willing to patron businesses that are working to reduce their environmental impact.”
The American Society of Travel Agents offers the following eco-friendly travel tips:
- Respect the frailty of the Earth. Leave only footprints; take only pictures.
- To make your travels more meaningful, educate yourself about the geography, customs, manners, and cultures of the region you visit.
- Do not buy products made from endangered plants or animals.
- Always follow designated trails.
- Learn about and support conservation-oriented programs and organizations working to preserve the environment.
- Whenever possible, walk, hike or paddle.
- Patronize those members of the travel industry who advance energy and environmental conservation; water and air quality; recycling; safe management of waste and toxic materials; noise abatement; community involvement; are dedicated to strong principles of conservation.
Travelers who are passionate about preserving and protecting the environment are checking into Virginia Green.